I traveled to Memphis, Tn., this week end to preach for my friend Pastor Jack Bachman who pastors the Calvary Baptist Church. Pastor Bachman has been pastoring here for three years and is doing a great job of leading this dear church to be soul winners. He comes from a great family with a great dad! Pastor Bachman is one the most organized men I have ever met. I have always felt and taught the principle NO FORM NO FILLING! This man of God has his act together!
This morning I taught the men's class in Sunday school and taught a lesson on LEADERSHIP. I used Matthew 20:20-29 and I Corinthians chapter 11.
1. LEADERSHIP IS A SUBMISSION TO A GREATER
2. LEADERSHIP THUS IS FOLLOWSHIP
3. LEADERSHIP THAT IS FOLLOWSHIP ATTRACTS FOLLOWSHIP
4. LEADERSHIP WITH FOLLOWSHIP IS HELD TOGETHER BY THE SAME GREATER AND IS REFERRED TO IN SCRIPTURE AS MUTUAL FAITH
5. LEADERSHIP MUST ORGANIZE FOLLOWSHIP IN ORDER TO SERVE THE SAME
GREATER MORE EFFECTIVELY
6. LEADERSHIP THAT LOSES ITS SUBMISSION TO THE GREATER WILL LOSE THE
SUBMISSION OF THE LESSER
7. LEADERSHIP'S GREATEST DANGER IS THAT THE WORK WILL SUFFER
BECAUSE THE WORKER SUCCEEDS
I then preached my sermon "WHO SHALL BE DAMNED?" The Lord gave us 7 professions and 6 baptisms. This is a church that is primed and ready to do a great work of reaching this needy city with the Gospel. So far this week the Lord has allowed me to lead 7 souls to Christ! GOTTA LOVE SOUL WINNING.