Philippians 3:13, "Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before."
Everyone has a past. Everyone needs to be alert enough as to the effective handling of the past. The question is are we supposed to forget the past? Here are some thoughts.
- WE HAVE A PAST AND WE CANNOT PRETEND WE DO NOT
- OUR CRITICS ARE CONSTANTLY BRINGING IT UP EVEN THOUGH THEY DO NOT KNOW THE FACTS - HOWEVER, GOD KNOWS AND I KNOW!
- EVEN THOSE WHO LOVE AND FORGIVE KNOW OUR PAST, BUT DECIDE NOT TO INVESTIGATE
- WE SHOULD NEVER ACT LIKE WE HAVE NEVER SINNED
- WE SHOULD NOT ATTEMPT TO HIDE THE PAST
- ACKNOWLEDGING A FAILED PAST GIVES US OPPORTUNITIES TO PROMOTE THE GRACE OF GOD
- OUR PAST IS A PART OF OUR MINISTRY
- WE ARE COMMANDED TO FORGET THOSE "THINGS" WHICH ARE BEHIND-NOT OUR PAST
- WE OUGHT TO ACKNOWLEDGE OUR PAST WHILE REFUSING TO DISCUSS THE "THINGS" OF THE PAST
- TO DISCUSS PAST "THINGS" OPENS OLD WOUNDS AND PICKS AT THEM CAUSING THEM TO BLEED AGAIN
- THE "THINGS" OF THE PAST ARE OUT OF SIGHT AND SHOULD BE OUT OF MIND
- WE CAN BE ASHAMED OF THE "THINGS" OF THE PAST WITHOUT BEING ASHAMED OF "THINGS" WE DO FOR OUR GOD TODAY
- DO NOT LOWER YOUR HEAD WHEN PEOPLE REPEAT THE "THINGS" OF THE PAST FOR I AM STILL NOT CONDEMNED IN CHRIST
- ALL OF US CAN GO ON IN SPITE OF THE "THINGS" OF OUR PAST
- GOD IS BIGGER THAN OUR PAST
GOTTA LOVE FORGIVENESS!